Monday, January 2, 2012

'I was told I was too fat for the stage': Jennifer Ellison steps out in another bandage dress as she reveals why she lost five stone

By Emily Sheridan


Slim and trim: Actress Jennifer Ellison shows off her new size 8 figure in a CelebBoutique bandage dress at the Coterie restaurant in Widnes, Cheshire on New Year's Day


After losing five stone, no wonder Jennifer Ellison is showing off her trim physique in the tightest of dresses.

And as she stepped out in Cheshire last night, the former Brookside actress revealed the turning point that made her decide to lose weight.

The TV star, 28, revealed a director at a theatre audition said she was 'too fat' for the part, which prompted her to overhaul her diet and start working out.


Ellison admitted the cutting remark as she celebrated New Year's with dinner and drinks at the Coterie Wine Bar in Widnes - where she lives with husband Robbie Tickle and their son Bobby, 23 months.

Now a svelte and toned size 8, Ellison certainly had the last laugh as she showed off her figure in a £109 CelebBoutique Kimmy Adelisa bandage dress and a pair of towering Christian Louboutin platform heels.

The former Hell's Kitchen winner, who is set to star on the new series of Dancing On Ice, piled on the pounds while pregnant with Bobby and struggled to lose the weight after as she battled with post-natal depression.

Don't rain on my parade: Ellison didn't let the wet weather dampen her spirits

Although she was unhappy with her weight, it was an extra blow when her agent told her why she had missed out on a part she really wanted.

She told The Sun: 'My agent started off by telling me how sometimes we have to say things that are hurtful but that he wouldn't be doing his client justice if he didn't say it to them.

'Then he told me what the director had said about me. He said that I desperately needed to get back to my Chicago weight and that if I wanted to continue working in the West End I had to slim down.

'I felt so humiliated. I believed I had made a complete fool of myself in front of all those people at the audition. It was an awful time but I have to admit, that director did me a favour.'

The 5ft 7 star described herself as a 'hippo mamma' after she went from a size 8 to 18.

She lost some weight in 2010 after enrolling at boot camp in preparation for her nude scenes in the touring production of Calendar Girls.

But it wasn't until last year, she really started to conquer her weight battle.

She has now shared the secrets of her transformation in a new fitness DVD Jennifer Ellison's Fat Blaster Workout.

The new DVD, which is co-presented by celebrity personal trainer Elia Siaperas, sees Ellison go through a five step workout, including Fat Blaster, Tone Blaster, Box Blaster, Power Blaster and Belly Blaster.




source:dailymail
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...