Sunday, November 27, 2011

Twitter fury as T'Pau's Carol rants at X Factor Gary for calling her tuneless

By Mail On Sunday Reporter


X Factor judge Gary Barlow was embroiled in a row with T'Pau singer Carol Decker last night after he branded her singing tuneless.

The Take That star sparked the argument after he told contestant Amelia Lily, who performed T'Pau's 1987 hit China In Your Hand: 'I remember the original of this song. It's really nice to hear it in tune.'

That angered Miss Decker, 54, who fired off angry Twitter messages to him, demanding 'What's your f****** problem? I actually have perfect pitch.'

Another said: 'Gary Barlow You t***. And I had to suffer a Take That concert for the sake of my kids this summer.'

Miss Decker wrote her first Tweet as Amelia appeared on stage, trilling: 'I'm trending I'm trending I'm argh!'

The row certainly helped Miss Decker's profile, adding 5,000 new followers in 15 minutes, eventually swelling the number to 23,000.

At the start of the show Miss Decker posted a message saying she had drunk half a bottle of champagne and three glasses of wine, adding: 'Someone really should take my phone away from me.'

The row took another turn later in the evening when Miss Decker was invited to appear on the ITV2 spin-off programme, The Xtra Factor, to discuss Barlow's comments by phone – but was dropped when the Take That star refused to appear with her.


'Nice to hear it in tune': The Barlow comment that angered Decker

Praised: Amelia Lily won the X Factor judge's approval for her performance of T-Pau's hit China In Your Hand


A show source said: 'The Xtra Factor called Carol and asked if she wanted to come on the show after seeing her comments.

Gary found out and said, “I'm not going on if Carol's on it” and went straight to his dressing room.'

Miss Decker told her Twitter followers: 'They called me and then pulled it. He bottled it.'

Miss Decker still performs under the T'Pau name and also co-owns a restaurant in Henley, Oxfordshire.


source:dailymail
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...